Thursday, April 9, 2015

Tasting - Hahn Piesporter Michelsberg Riesling

Name: Hahn Piesporter Michelsberg Riesling
Variety: Riesling
Region: Piesport
Country: Germany
Year: N/A
Price: $9.95
Shop Review: "This wine's light, airy mouthfeel belies its sweetness and intensity of flavor. Honeyed pineapple aromas; similar flavors on the palate, adding gentle citrus notes toward the long, sweet finish."
My Review: I couldn't really identify the color of this one since it was in a very tinted green bottle and it mixed with the previous red wine in my glass. I'm assuming it was a pale yellow, like most rieslings. It had a really interesting nose. It smelled like some kind of meat - I immediately thought of pot roast. I've never smelled that in a wine before. Its flavor was light at first, but had a strong floral finish. Overall it tasted interesting, was not my favorite, but I could drink it again and would like to see what cheeses and other foods it would pair nicely with. Was not paired with any food.

No comments:

Post a Comment