Thursday, April 9, 2015

Tasting - Tres Ojos Garnacha Calatayud

Name: Tres Ojos Garnacha Calatayud
Variety: Tempranillo, Garnacha
Region: Calatayud
Country: Spain
Year: 2012
Price: $6.95
Shop Review: "88 points - Robert Parker. The 2012 Tres Ojos Garnacha contains 15% Tempranillo (I wonder why), and unoaked cuvee of 200,000 bottles that matures in vat for at least seven months before bottling. What I tasted was a very honest, fresh and fruit-driven red with aromas of cherries, garrigue and thyme with a medium-bodied palate, some weight and tannins that would do better with food. This is a red that sells for a song."
My Review: I thought this wine was a gorgeous red. It had such a pretty color. It also smelled good, with the presence of that buttery component that I love. It had quite a strong nose, really fragrant, with a nice full and rounded scent reminding me of butter and spices. Sadly, it did not taste like it smelled. It tasted like spices but not in the best way. The flavor was very tannic and not very good to me. Was not paired with any food.

No comments:

Post a Comment