Friday, January 30, 2015

Tasting - B&G Chicken & Turkey Cotes du Rhone

Name: B&G Chicken & Turkey Cotes du Rhone
Variety: 50% Grenache, 30% Syrah, 20% Carignan
Region: Rhone Valley
Country: France
Year: 2011
Price: $10.00
Shop Review: "85 Points - Wine Enthusiast. A blend of 50% Grenache, 30% Syrah and 20% Carignan. Deep red garnet color with purple highlights. Intense nose of morello cherry, tobacco and liquorice. Good structure on the palate with lots of fruits and a long fruity and spicy finish. A true delight."
My Review: I thought that this wine smelled both sweet and savory at the same time (possibly because of the fact that I knew that it was named "Chicken & Turkey"). It didn't seem to leave behind legs on the side of the glass, so I guess that means there wasn't much sugar in the wine despite its sweet smell. It tasted tangy to me, but also warm, spicy, and full-bodied due to its deep color. I didn't really enjoy the seemingly dry aftertaste, but I still enjoyed this wine. Was not paired with any food.

No comments:

Post a Comment