Friday, January 30, 2015

Tasting - Opera Prima Sparkling Moscato

Name: Opera Prima Sparkling Moscato
Variety: Moscato
Region: La Mancha
Country: Spain
Year: N/A
Price: $15.00
Shop Review: "85 Points - Wine Enthusiast. Flowery and sweet smelling, then round and fairly smooth in the mouth. The bubbles and flavor package of tropical fruits galore is pleasant and shouldn't offend anyone. Finishes clean and easy. A mango boat of flavor."
My Review: This wine was very easy to drink. It had a pale, translucent yellow color that I wasn't expecting of a Moscato (I thought they were usually more golden in color). It smelled very sweet and fragrant of vanilla, a really nice smell. It had a fruity, candy-like flavor that reminded me of pink lemonade. Since a little bit of the previous red wine had mixed in, it also looked like pink lemonade. This lead my roommate and I to purchase our own bottle of the Opera Prima Pink Moscato! Very enjoyable. Was not paired with any food.

No comments:

Post a Comment