Friday, January 30, 2015

Tasting - Fontana Candida Frascati

Name: Fontana Candida Frascati
Variety: 60% Malvasia Bianca di Candia, 30% Trebbiano, 10% Malvasia del Lazio
Region: Frascati
Country: Italy
Year: N/A
Price: $12.00
Shop Review: "A blend of 60% Malvasia Bianca di Candia, 30% Trebbiano, and 10% Malvasia del Lazio. This Frascati, made from grapes grown in volcanic soils near Rome and cold filtered, is a pale straw gold. On the nose it offers light-as-a-zephyr lemon and a hint of grass. On the tongue it is ultra crisp and delightfully flinty, its lemon and clementine flavors as smooth as old silk. At the end of a nice clean finish a dab of ripe pear takes a bow."
My Review: After swirling around the glass, I noticed that legs didn't seem very apparent with this wine. To me its color looked pale yellow. It had a flowery smell that was light and not too overbearing. Its taste was slightly acidic, leaving a kick at the end of my tongue. Something about it tasted bitter as well. I don't believe that I would search for this wine again! Was not paired with any food.

No comments:

Post a Comment