Friday, March 27, 2015

Tasting - Alvarez de Toledo Godello

Name: Alvarez de Toledo Godello
Variety: Verdelho (Godello)
Region: Bierzo
Country: Spain
Year: 2013
Price: $7.95
Shop Review: "Clean pale yellow color. Nose fruity, persistent and elegant aromas. Good backbone on the palate."
My Review: This was my first time trying this type of grape. Its color was very yellow, more than I have ever seen in white wines, which are usually quite pale, straw-like, or golden in color. Quite honestly, this wine's color reminded me of pee. Despite that, it had a nice grapefruit scent, while at the same time smelling like a very sweet, juicy pear. Its aroma was crisp and refreshing. The taste was also crisp, first giving off a light, floral mouthfeel, and then finishing with more pear and grapefruits in a delightful way. I wouldn't mind pairing this wine with fruits and cheese. Was not paired with any food.

No comments:

Post a Comment