Saturday, March 21, 2015

Tasting - Cortenova Pinot Grigio

Name: Cortenova Pinot Grigio
Variety: Pinot Grigio
Region: Veneto
Country: Italy
Year: 2013
Price: $6.95
Shop Review: "Brilliant straw color with emerald reflections. Fresh and floral bouquet with a hint of pears, apricots and bananas. Fresh and inviting with bright fruit and an easy drinking style with a pleasing hint of almonds in the aftertaste." 
My Review: Pale straw in color with green undertones, I found the smell of this wine to be fruity and fresh. I could sense grapefruit and guava in its scent, which tingled my nose. It had a cool, refreshing floral flavor with a contradictory stinky aftertaste. Its finish had hints of pineapple and tanginess. I thought this wine was exceptional. Was not paired with any food.

No comments:

Post a Comment