Friday, March 27, 2015

Tasting - Oracle Pinotage

Name: Oracle Pinotage
Variety: Pinotage
Region: N/A
Country: South Africa
Year: 2014
Price: $7.95
Shop Review: "The unusual style of Pinotage with complex aromas of black pepper, smoke, tomato, and dark fruit. The palate is packed with ripe mixed berry flavors, making this unoaked red wine a real crowd pleaser."
My Review: This wine's color was a deep, reddish-brownish kind of color. Simply by looking at it in the glass, it seemed light and airy, and most likely medium-bodied. Upon smelling it, I was introduced to the best-smelling bouquet I have experienced thus far. It smelled delicious, like butter, vanilla, berries, and cream. Its taste was just as delightful. It gave off slight notes of vanilla with a really nice, rounded feel. Although the finish was dry, I really, really enjoyed this wine and I would love to find it again. Was not paired with any food.

No comments:

Post a Comment