Thursday, March 5, 2015

Tasting - Jam Jar Sweet White

Name: Jam Jar Sweet White
Variety: Moscato
Region: Western Cape
Country: South Africa
Year: 2014
Price: $8.95
Shop Review: "This charming, easy-drinking Moscato offers flavors of peach, apricot, lychee and orange blossom. A lively jolt of acidity keeps it fresh and fruity. Fancy enough for a special occasion toast, yet sweet-natured enough to enjoy every day, our bright and cheerful sweet wines are sure to capture your heart."
My Review: This wine caught my attention. It was a pale yellow colored Moscato. The scent smelled like plastic, but was also extremely floral. I really enjoyed smelling it - it made me feel as if I were walking through a lush garden in the springtime. When I tasted it, it was instantly sweet on the tongue. The flavor had a really nice mouthfeel and a perfect balance of fruity and floral notes, without being overly sweet. Would definitely drink this wine again! My roommate bought herself a bottle. Was not paired with any food.

No comments:

Post a Comment