Thursday, March 5, 2015

Tasting - Protocolo White

Name: Protocolo White
Variety: 60% Airen, 40% Macabeo
Region: La Mancha
Country: Spain
Year: 2013
Price: $6.95
Shop Review: "Pale yellow. High-pitched aromas of lemon zest and white flowers, with a piquant mineral overtone. Dry, racy and focused, offering tangy lemon zest and green apple flavors and a touch of bitter herbs. Closes with good clarity and cut, leaving a tart citrus fruit note behind. This is pretty grown-up for the price, not to mention a superb value."
My Review: Its color was almost clear; it barely had any color to it because it was so pale. Instantly I thought of grapefruit when I smelled its fruity bouquet. It left a little tingle behind in my nose. Its taste was floral, and it had an interesting, weird aftertaste that reminded me of potpourri. Not a fan of this wine. Was not paired with any food.

No comments:

Post a Comment