Sunday, February 22, 2015

Tasting - Le Jade Sauvignon Blanc

Name: Le Jade Sauvignon Blanc
Variety: 100% Sauvignon Blanc
Region: Languedoc
Country: France
Year: 2013
Price: $10.00
Shop Review: "Silvery straw color. Lively aromas and flavors of pineapple, yellow apple, melon, and Meyer lemon with a silky, bright, dry-yet-fruity medium body and a tingling, complex, medium-long finish with notes of lemongrass, pear, and lemon with no tannins and no oak. Bright and crisp with layers of juicy pineapple, pear, lemongrass and ripe melon make this perfect for repeated sipping or enhancing fresh farm to table cookery."
My Review: When I smelled this pale straw-colored wine, it smelled full and dense, leaving behind a mark on my nose. Its scent had a fruity and floral combo. Despite the heaviness of the smell, the taste had a light mouthfeel, but it was not a nice one for me. It left behind a weird taste at the back of my mouth that I didn't really enjoy. This wine didn't do much for me. Was not paired with any food.

No comments:

Post a Comment