Thursday, February 26, 2015

Tasting - Yellowtail Reserve Merlot

Name: Yellowtail Reserve Merlot
Variety: Merlot
Region: South Eastern
Country: Australia
Year: 2010
Price: $12.00
Shop Review: "Round, velvety and mouthfilling, this is a satisfying Merlot at a bargain price. Aromas of black cherries and herbs fold in hints of cinnamon and mocha, while the flavors are generally fruity, but with a slightly tomatoey note. Soft on the finish. Drink now."
My Review: The Merlot was almost brown, a very burgundy-looking red. It smelled good, a grape-y scent of medium body. It tasted like fresh grapes, like a red grape smoothie that I had in a restaurant in the Philippines once. It was not bitter, it was not acidic, and I really liked it. I might buy a bottle of this for myself sometime or ask a salesman to direct me towards other similar flavors. Was not paired with any food.

No comments:

Post a Comment