Thursday, February 26, 2015

Tasting - Mars & Venus Sauvignon Blanc

Name: Mars & Venus Sauvignon Blanc
Variety: Sauvignon Blanc
Region: La Mancha
Country: Spain
Year: 2013
Price: $10.00
Shop Review: "Citrus and gooseberry aromas are mild but typical of the variety. A basic citrus palate delivers modest tangerine and nectarine flavors which lead to a mild, pithy finish showing light citric notes."
My Review: This wine had a prominent golden color. It smelled fruity, entering my nose with a kick of something sweet that I couldn't quite detect. It was almost as if I was smelling something savory as well in its scent. I thought it tasted great, and I think this is the first Sauvignon Blanc that I actually enjoyed. It was sweet and nice on the tongue. Would definitely drink this wine again! Was not paired with any food.

No comments:

Post a Comment