Sunday, February 22, 2015

Tasting - Petrucco Ribolla Gialla

Name: Petrucco Ribolla Gialla
Variety: 100% Ribolla Gialla
Region: Friuli
Country: Italy
Year: 2009
Price: $21.00
Shop Review: "This well-priced Friulano would pair nicely with spicy Indian or Thai food thanks to the creaminess and richness of its mouthfeel. In addition, the wine offers a solid bouquet of peach and melon that would not compete with fragrant ingredients. 100% Ribolla Gialla."
My Review: This wine smelled very citrus-y. Unfortunately I tasted it just after a red wine was in my glass so I could not make out its scent very well. I was also unable to assess its color. From what I could detect in its taste, it was acidic and strong, leaving a burning sensation at the back of my throat. It was also kind of sour. It tasted okay, but this wine was not my favorite. Was not paired with any food.

No comments:

Post a Comment